About Drashti Dhami
Drashti Dhami is an Indian Actress and Model. She was voted the most desirable woman on Indian TV for her enthralling looks and magnificent beauty.
She made her debut with the TV Show Dill Mill Gayye with Karan Singh Grover, Jennifer Winget, and Shilpa Anand in the lead roles.
Drashti’s performance as ‘Geet Handa’ in the super hit serial Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi alongside Gurmeet Chaudhary was a landmark in her career as she was highly appreciated for her role and was regarded as one of the best TV actresses at that time.
Besides being an actor, she is a fashion diva of the TV industry known for her elegant and lavish dressing style.
She has also featured in Hotstar’s historical drama ‘The Empire’ starring Shabana Azmi, Kunal Kapoor, and Dino Morea in the leads.
Biography of Drashti Dhami
Name: Drashti Dhami
Known For: Played the titular role of ‘Madhubala Rishabh Kundra’ in the hit show Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon and Winner of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 6
Date of Birth of Drashti Dhami: 10 January 1985
Age of Drashti Dhami: 36 years (as of 2021)
Height of Drashti Dhami: 165cm, 1.65m, 5’ ft 5’’ in
Weight of Drashti Dhami: 54 Kg (119 lbs)
Body Measurements of Drashti Dhami: 34-24-35
Hometown of Drashti Dhami: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Currently Living: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Zodiac Sign/Star Sign: Capricorn
Known Languages: Hindi and English
Profession: Model and Actor
Favourite Actors: Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, and Ranbir Kapoor
Favourite Actress: Kareena Kapoor, Rani Mukerji, Priyanka Chopra, and Anushka Sharma
Favourite Food: Chocolate, Cakes, and Khaakra
Favourite Movie: Rockstar
Net Worth of Drashti Dhami: $6 Million (approx.)
Marital Status: Married – Neeraj Khemka ( in 2015)
Interesting Facts about Drashti Dhami
1. Drashti belongs to a conservative Gujarati family and her family is quite possessive regarding her as she is their only girl child.
2. She holds a degree in Sociology from Mithibai College in Mumbai.
3. She marked her debut in the industry through the music video ‘Saiyyan Dil Mein Aana Re’, her other notable videos are ‘Humko Aaj Kal Hai’, and ‘Teri Meri Nazar Ki Dori’.
4. She has also appeared in various advertisements for famous brands like Lion Honey, Pulimoottil Silks, Amul Chevrolet, and Colgate featuring alongside Saif Ali Khan.
5. She is also a trained dancer and contested in the very popular dance reality TV show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 6, she won the competition alongside her choreographer Salman Yusuff Khan.
6. She is an avid traveller and whenever gets a couple of days off from her shoots visits various places.
7. In her illustrious career, she acted in various shows like Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani, Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil, and Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka.
8. For her outstanding performances in TV shows, she has received the Gold Awards for the Most Celebrated Jodi with Gurmeet Choudhary, Indian Telly Awards for Best Jodi with Vivian Dsena and Star Guild Awards for Best Actress in a Drama Series.
9. She is the sister-in-law of model and TV actress Suhasi Dhami, who is married to her brother Jaisheel Dhami.
10. For her spot-on fashion sense and ravishing looks, she was ranked 2nd in the list of ‘Television’s Top 10 Actresses’, she also appeared in the Eastern Eye’s list of ‘50 Sexiest Asian Women’ and was ranked 8th in the list of ‘35 Hottest Actresses in Indian Television.
Controversies about Drashti Dhami
1. Drashti Dhami, was chosen by the makers of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 8 to host the show along with the co-host Ranvir Shorey but had to leave the show mid-way due to her inability to complement her co-host and also lacked spontaneity. However, later on, it was also revealed that she took an ample amount of time to get ready and had a lot of tantrums.
2. In a chat show, Drashti revealed that she would never like to work with actor Vivian Dsena due to his arrogance and superiority complex. Though both had earlier worked together in the hit TV show Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon where their on-screen chemistry was highly praised but in reality, both had a great deal of animosity between them.
Affairs/Boyfriends of Drashti Dhami
1. Gurmeet Choudhary (Rumoured) – Drashti and Gurmeet were known for their superb on-screen chemistry on the show “Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi” and were supposed to be dating in real life. Finally, the bubble was broken by Drashti who said that whosoever has made such assumptions are completely wrong and baseless.
2. Neeraj Khemka – Drashti has always believed in love at first sight, and the same happened when she met Neeraj and an instant connection was formed between them and soon they converted this connection into the bond of marriage.
TV Serials of Drashti Dhami
Dill Mill Gayye
Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi
Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6
Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani
Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil
Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka
The Empire (Hotstar Special)
Awards Won By Drashti Dhami
Golden Petal Award for Best Debutant 2012
Indian Telly Award for Best Onscreen Couple 2013
Start Guild Award for Best Actress in Drama 2014
Zee Rishtey Award for Favorite Beti 2015
Family of Drashti Dhami
Brother: Jaysheel Dhami
Sister In-Law: Suhasi Dhami
Social Media Profiles of Drashti Dhami
Education/Qualification of Drashti Dhami
School: Mary Immaculate Girls High School, Borivali
College: Mithibai College Mumbai
Qualifications: Degree in Sociology