About Alicia Keys
The music enthusiasts of hip-hop and pop must have listened to 15 times Grammy Awards winner Alicia Keys, her beautiful voice and sublime musical knowledge has made her the ‘World’s Best-Selling Music Artists of the world.
Known for her wide array of professions as a singer, songwriter, pianist, vocalist, instrumentalist, actor and producer has made her one of the top 100 Influential People of the World.
She began her journey of glory and success at the age of 15 with her first studio album titled Songs in A Minor, which established her at the pinnacle of the music industry by receiving five esteemed Grammy Awards for the album.
Her other popular album, The Element of Freedom, became a chart-buster in the United Kingdom. And, worldwide, 4 million copies of it were sold.
Keys’ ability to sing genres like Contemporary R&B and Soul music has consolidated her as the Top Musical Artists of the past 25 years. The way she blends hip-hop style with classical is a treat for one’s years, as it directly touches one’s soul.
Apart from all her singing accolades, she is an outstanding social activist and was bestowed with the Ambassador of Conscience by Amnesty International.
Biography of Alicia Keys
Name: Alicia Augello Cook
Known As: Alicia Keys
Known For: Released record-breaking studio albums titled as Songs in A Minor, The Diary of Alicia Keys, As I Am, and Girl on Fire
Date of Birth of Alicia Keys: 25 January 1981
Age of Alicia Keys: 40 Years (as of 2021)
Height of Alicia Keys: 168 cm, 1.68 m, 5’ft 5”in
Weight of Alicia Keys: 55 kg (121 lbs)
Body Measurements of Alicia Keys: 34-27-38
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Zodiac Sign/Star Sign: Aquarius
Known Languages: English
Favourite Food: Doughnuts
Favourite Actress: Ruby Dee
Favourite Musicians and Singers: Nina Simone, Donny. Hathaway, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, the Wu-Tang Clan, and Queen Latifah
Favourite Colours: Black and Grey
Favourite Destination: London
Hobbies: Travelling and Shopping
Net Worth of Alicia Keys: $150 Million (approx.)
Marital Status: Married
Birthplace: Hell’s Kitchen, Manhattan, New York, USA
Currently Living: Razor House, USA
Controversy of Alicia Keys
1. Alicia in her social media platform posted that from now on she will abstain from wearing make-up at promotional events and awards shows.
Her post was appreciated by a lot of her fans but some criticized her remarks, as they found it anti-make up and the remark was directed at actresses who wore make-up.
Interesting Facts about Alicia Keys
1. Everyone recognizes Alicia, as a world-class singer but very few know that she began her career as an actor in the 1985’s TV show titled ‘The Cosby Show’, where she had an episodic role of ‘Rudy’s friends’ in the episode ‘Slumber Party.
2. She is not only an exceptional vocalist but also a phenomenal pianist. She learnt to play the piano from the age of 7 and gave a remarkable performance at the 2019 Grammy’s where she played two pianos simultaneously.
3. At the 2013 Super Bowl she set the record to sing the United States national anthem ‘Star-Spangled Banner’ for the longest in the event.
4. In 2005, fellow singer John Mayer broke his Grammy in half and gave the other half to Alicia, as she deserved it more than him for her song ‘If I Ain’t Got You’.
5. She highlights key aspects of love, hatred, female empowerment, life and struggles through her songs, which has named her the ‘Embodiment of Human Emotions’.
6. She has made a name for herself in the field of philanthropy and social activism and co-founded the non-profit organization titled Keep a Child Alive which provides health care facilities in countries like Africa and India.
7. She collaborated with prominent rapper Kendrick Lamar and film composer Hans Zimmer for the song ‘It’s On Again’ which was featured as the opening title track for the blockbuster movie ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2‘ which starred Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone in the leads.
Studio Albums and Singles by Alicia Keys
|Songs in A Minor||2001|
|The Diary of Alicia Keys||2003|
|As I Am||2007|
|The Element of|
|Girl on Fire||2012|
|Another Way to Die||2008|
|It’s On Again||2014|
Awards Won by Alicia Keys
|Billboard Music Awards – Female Artist of the Year||2001|
|Grammy Awards – Best New Artist||2002|
|Grammy Awards – Song of the Year||2002|
|ASCAP Pop Awards – Most Performed Song||2003|
|BMI London Pop Award||2003|
|Grammy Awards – Album of the Year||2005|
|ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Awards – Songwriter of the Year||2005|
|Grammy Awards – Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance||2006|
Affairs/Boyfriend of Alicia Keys
Kerry Brothers Jr. – Alicia Keys and Kerry Jr. met each other in the Downtown Village in Washington Square Park and enjoyed each other’s company as Kerry was her songwriting partner then, but they were unable to prolong their relationship owing to their busy schedule and finally, got separated in 2008.
Family of Alicia Keys
Father: Craig Cook
Mother: Terria Joseph
Brother: Cole Cook
Husband: Swizz Beatz (m.2010)
Sons: Egypt Daoud Dean and Genesis Ali Dean
Social Media Profiles of Alicia Keys
Education/Qualification of Alicia Keys
School: Professional Performing Arts School, Hell’s Kitchen Manhattan
College: Columbia University