About Bruce Willis
Walter Bruce Willis, better known as Bruce Willis is an American television and movie actor famous for portraying versatile roles. He made his debut with the television series ‘Moonlighting’ playing the role of David Addison.
However, he first appeared on the screen with an uncredited role in The First Deadly Sin. He is famous for his action roles in Die Hard and The Sixth Sense. He also released a pop-blues album ‘The Return of Bruno’.
He had a stuttering problem which he overcame by performing on the stage. He came from a family of blue-collar workers; he did a lot of menial jobs before he started doing professional acting.
Biography of Bruce Willis
Name: Walter Bruce Willis
Known as: Bruce Willis.
Profession: Actor, Film Producer, Musician.
Net Worth of Bruce Willis: $300 million (as of 2021).
Known For: For his performances in action films, especially the Die Hard series.
Date of Birth of Bruce Willis: March 19, 1955 (Idar-Oberstein, Germany).
Age of Bruce Willis: 66 years (as of 2021).
Height of Bruce Willis: 6 ft, 1.83 m, 183 cm.
Weight of Bruce Willis: 93 kg (205 lbs).
Body Measurements of Bruce Willis: 32-26-32.
Marital Status: Married.
Spouse: Emma Heming.
Eye Color: Grey.
Skin Color: White.
Hair Color: Grey.
Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Zodiac Sign: Pisces.
Known Languages: German and English (In an interview he told that he can also speak a little bit of Spanish).
Religion: He practiced Lutheranism at some point in his life but doesn’t practice it anymore. He stated organized religions are a dying form that is no longer needed.
School: Penns Grove High School.
College: Montclair State University.
While the actor continues to win the hearts of millions, he has developed quite a bad reputation among a few Hollywood collaborators.
Filmmaker Kevin Smith regarded Willis as his hero. They both worked together in 2007’s Live Free or Die Hard, developed a mutual admiration, and also decided to work together again.
Willis was spotted at a Rite Aid in Los Angeles all geared up but with one thing missing, a mask. He straightaway refused to wear one and walked out of the store without purchasing anything. Although, he was wearing a Bandana but refused to pull it up to the nose and mouth too.
Bruce Willis’s Family
Father: David Willis.
Mother: Marlene Willis.
Siblings: Robert Willis, Florence Willis
He was born in Germany, his father was American while his mother was German.
His father David Willis, was an American soldier deployed in Germany at the time when he married Bruce’s mother Marlene.
After retiring from the army, his father worked as a welder and mechanic and his mother worked in a bank.
Demi Moore (m. 1987-2000)
They had 3 children together; they got separated in 1988 and divorced in 2000.
The reason for their divorce is unknown.
Even after the divorce, he has maintained a friendship with her and her husband Ashley Kutcher.
Emma Heming (m. 2009-present)
He married model Emma Heming in 2009 and they have two daughters, Mabel Ray and Evelyn Penn.
Movies/TV Shows of Bruce Willis
Willis has starred in a lot of movies and TV shows and is famous for his action and dramatic roles, here is a list of his few movies/TV shows:
The Sixth Sense (1999)
Miami Vice (1984-1989)
Sin City (2005)
That 70’s Show (1998-2006)
Mad About You (1992-2019)
The Last Boy Scout (1991)
G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013)
Die Hard (1988)
Awards won by Bruce Willis
The extremely talented actor, Bruce Willis has won a ton of awards some of which include:
|1987||Best Actor in a TV series – Comedy or Musical||Moonlighting|
|1994||Best Cast Ensemble||Pulp Fiction|
|1999||Favorite Actor – Sci-Fi||Armageddon|
|2000||Favorite Actor – Suspense||The Sixth Sense|
|2013||Best Ensemble||Moonrise Kingdom|
|1992||Worst Screenplay||Hudson Hawk|
|2000||Best Guest Actor in a Comedy Series||Friends|
Interesting facts about Bruce Willis
- Goodman told The New York Post in 2017, “Bruce was the best bartender in New York and, “He kept an entire joint entertained all night. He just kept the show going. He was amazing.”
- Willis tended bar at Chelsea Central on New York City’s Upper West Side between the breaks while auditioning for acting roles.
- Willis had his own cartoon series named “Bruno the Kid”, in which he lent his voice to the character.
- Die Hard star, Willis once got into an altercation with WWE superstar Chris Jericho during a wrestling show in Hawaii. While filming a movie there, he was encouraged by The Rock to hit Jericho in one of the matches and he head-butted him in the chest.
- Willis mentioned it in a Q&A with The Guardian: “Due to an accident on the first Die Hard, I suffer two-thirds partial hearing loss in my left ear and have a tendency to say, ‘Whaaa?’”
- An action movie as heavy as Die Hard, it is ought to have few injuries on the set and Willis got one while gun firing in one of the scenes. He lost his hearing ability partially.
Social Media Profiles of Bruce Willis