About Kate Beckinsale
Kate Beckinsale is an English Model and actress. She was born in London, England and has worked primarily in Hollywood movies. After working in Television series for some time. Kate did her first movie debut “Much Ado About Nothing” released in 1993. Read our biography on Kate Beckinsale to know more about her personal life, awards and Interesting Facts.
Biography of Kate Beckinsale
Name: Kate Beckinsale
Profession: American Actress, and Model
Famous For: Her role as a firefighter in the 90s British
Date of Birth of Kate Beckinsale: 26 July 1973.
Age of Kate Beckinsale: 49 Years (as of 2022).
Height of Kate Beckinsale: 170 cm, 1.70 m, 5’ft 6” in.
Weight of Kate Beckinsale: 58 kg (128 lbs).
Body Measurements of Kate Beckinsale: 34-23-38.
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Light Brown
Zodiac Sign/Star Sign: Cancer
Known Language: English.
Net Worth of Kate Beckinsale: $25 Million (approx.)
Marital Status: Married.
Home Town: London, UK.
Currently Living: London, UK.
Interesting Facts about Kate Beckinsale
- Kate Beckinsale during her rest time she likes reading books, walking, exercising, doing yoga, and listening to music.
- Her father expired when she was just five years old. According to her, it was a very difficult time for her.
- She was a good friend of Kirsty Kinnear, British Character actor Roy Kinnear’s daughter.
- she supported her family to sell The News Line, a Trotskyist newspaper.
- Her stepfather did a documentary called ‘The Palestinian’ with the actress Vanessa Redgrave, after which, his family had their phones tapped as Roy was blacklisted by the BBC.
- Kate exceeded at languages and English literature and was twice the winner of the WH Smith Young Writers Award for both fiction and poetry.
- She is an animal lover and has many pet dogs and cats; one of her cats is named Clive.
- Kate joined ‘Nestlé Share the Joy of Reading Program’ held at Barnes & Noble bookstore at The Grove (a shopping mall in Los Angeles).
Movies By Kate Beckinsale
Prince of Jutland (1994),
Cold Comfort Farm (1995),
The Golden Bowl (2000),
American films: Pearl Harbor (2001),
The Aviator (2004),
Underworld film series (2003–2016),
Van Helsing (2004), Whiteout (2009),
Total Recall (2012).
Awards Won by Kate Beckinsale
Best Actress for the film ‘Shooting Fish’ at Sitges – Catalan International Film Festival in 1997
British Supporting Actress of the Year (tied with Minnie Driver) for the film ‘Last Days of Disco’ in 1999
Scream Award for Scream Queen ‘Underworld: Evolution’ in 2006
Spike Guys Choice Awards – Jean-Claude Gahd Dam for the film ‘Underworld: Awakening’ in 2012
Costume Designers Guild Awards – Lacoste Spotlight Award in 2012
Cinema Vanguard Award at the San Diego Film Festival in 2016
British Actress of the Year for the film ‘Love & Friendship’ in 2017
British Film Awards for Best Actress for the film ‘Love & Friendship’ in 2017
Family of Kate Beckinsale
Father- Late. Richard Beckinsale
Mother- Judy Loe
Half-Sister- Samantha Beckinsale
Husband- Roy Battersby
Social Media Profiles Kate Beckinsale
Education/Qualification of Kate Beckinsale
School: Godolphin and Latymer High School.
College: New College, Oxford.