About Raqesh Bapat
He is a model and actor known for his versatile acting and charming personality.
He made his debut in Bollywood in 2001 with the movie ‘Tum Bin’ and acted in several movies after that.
His debut on Indian television began with the show ‘Saat Phere: Saloni Ka Safar’ but was later recognized in the Star Plus show ‘Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak ?’ where he played the role of ‘Aditya Jakhar’.
He has also acted in Marathi films, especially ‘Savita Damodar Paranjape’ where his acting was highly praised.
In 2017, he was ranked 16th in Times of India Top 20 Most Desirable Men of Maharashtra.
Biography of Raqesh Bapat
Name: Raqesh Bapat
Known As: Raqesh Vashisht
Known For: He has acted in the movie ‘Tum Bin’ as ‘Amar Shah’.
And, played the role of ‘Aditya Jakhar’ in the hit Star Plus TV show ‘Maryada: Lekin kab Tak?’
Date of Birth of Raqesh Bapat: 01 September 1978
Age of Raqesh Bapat: 42 (as of 2020)
Height of Raqesh Bapat: 5 ft 10 inches/178 cm/1.78 m
Weight of Raqesh Bapat: 75 kg/165 lbs
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Zodiac Sign/Star Sign: Virgo
Birthplace: Amravati, Maharashtra
Hometown: Amravati, Maharashtra
Currently Living: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Known Languages: English, Hindi, Marathi
Profession: Model and Actor.
Net Worth of Raqesh Bapat: Rs. 04 Crores (approx.)
Marital Status: Ridhi Dogra (married 2011 – divorce 2019)
Children : 0
Favourite Actor: Swapnil Joshi
Favourite Actresses: Priya Bapat
Smoke: Not Known
Alcohol: Not Known
Controversies of Raqesh Bapat
- He ended his 8 years of marriage life in 2019 with his better half Ridhi Dogra, the couple released a joint statement where they said that their reason for divorce was personal as well as mutual, and they still respect and hold utmost respect for each other.
Interesting Facts about Raqesh Bapat
- He won the National Award for his painting when he was in 9th standard.
- He has a fervent interest for painting and sculpting, and for later he even plans to do a professional course in Australia so that he can learn more about the art.
- Since his debut in 2001 Bollywood movie ‘Tum Bin’ he has acted in numerous movies like ‘Dil Vil Pyaar Vyaar’, ‘Tumse Milke Wrong Number’, ‘Koi Mere Dil Mein Hain’, ‘Heroine’ starring Kareena Kapoor, and ‘Gippi’.
- He has even acted in Marathi films like ‘Vrundavan’ and ‘Savita Damodar Pranjpe’.
- He marked his Indian television debut in 2005 with the soap opera ‘Saat Phere: Saloni ka Safar’, after that he played various roles in serials like ‘Seven’, ‘Simply Sapne’, ‘Honge Judaa Na Hum’, ‘Qubool Hai’ and ‘Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant’ with Ridhima Pandit across different channels.
- He was the first runner-up in 1999 in Grasim ‘Mr.India’ and ‘Mr.International’.
- He along with his sister is associated with a NGO named ‘Shyamchi Aai Foundation’ which promotes skill development.
- In his Marathi film ‘Savita Damodar Paranjpe’ which was shown at Goa Marathi Film Festival was highly appraised and received standing ovation at the end.
- He has also worked in TV commercials for Wrigley’s Gum and Colgate.
- In Times of India’s Top 20 Most Desirable Men of Maharashtra he was ranked 16th.
- He had also participated with his then wife Ridhi Dogra in the Indian celebrity dance reality show ‘Nach Baliye 6’.
Affairs of Raqesh Bapat
- Ridhi Dogra – Raqesh tied knot with Ridhi in 2011, they met at the sets of ‘Maryada: Lekin Kab tak?’ TV show.
Family of Raqesh Bapat
Father: Major Padmakar Bapat (Indian Army)
Mother: Not Known (English Teacher)
Sister: Sheetal Bapat
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram : @raqeshbapat
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Raqeshbapat
- Twitter : @RaQesh19
Education/Qualification of Raqesh Bapat
College: University of Mumbai, Mumbai
Educational Qualification: Master of Business Administration