About Virat Kohli
If perfection were to be imagined and crafted, Virat Kohli is the ideal candidate for the job. His performance as a cricketer is out of the world, and the runs scored in such a short period make him one of the modern greats.
Virat’s talent was noticed, first in the 2008 Under-19 World Cup where he captained the Indian side and led them to the victory. He soon made his debut for the Indian ODI team at the age of 19.
His aggressive intent and extraordinary shot-making abilities have always kept him miles ahead of his contemporaries. He is the fastest batsman to 12,000 ODI runs in international cricket and fastest to 23,000 international runs overall.
Often referred to as the ‘King of the World Cricket’ by the cricket pundits and fellow cricketers, Kohli has scored 43 ODI tons and 27 Test tons and averages above 50 in all three formats of cricket.
Kohli has been bestowed with various prestigious awards for his contributions to the sport, such as Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for the ICC Cricketer of the Year, ICC Test Player of the Year, and ICC ODI Player of the Year. He was the Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World from 2016 to 2018.
The Indian government has awarded Virat with the Arjuna Award, Padma Shri, and Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna.
Biography of Virat Kohli
Name: Virat Kohli
NickName: Chiku, Run Machine
Known For: Cricket
Batting Style: Right-Handed Batsman
Bowling Style: Right Arm Medium
Role: Top-Order Batsman
Date of Birth of Virat Kohli: 05-November-1988
Birthplace: New Delhi
Height of Virat Kohli: 5’9’’ (175 cm)
Weight of Virat Kohli: 69 kg
Body Measurement: 30 inches waist, 40 inches chest, 14 inches biceps.
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Tattoos: Virat Kohli has 11 tattoos.
Controversies about Virat Kohli
1. In the year 2012 when the Indian team was on a tour of Australia.
Some audience started abusing Virat, during this, Virat was fielding by the boundary line and heard what people were saying. He angrily showed the middle finger to the audience and his actions were also recorded on the camera.
2. In the 2013 IPL, an incident happened between Kolkata Knight Riders Captain Gautam Gambhir and Royal Challengers Bangalore Captain Virat Kohli. They both got furious and exchanged some words until Rajat Bhatia intervened.
3. In 2015, During World Cup, Kohli spotted the journalist at the training session and started abusing the journalist. The particular journalist also seemed clueless, but when Kohli cooled down, he told about the article that had appeared about him and his girlfriend Anushka Sharma in a national daily and he thought that it was that particular journalist, who had written the story.
4. In 2017, the Australian Cricket Team was on a tour of India. The Captain of the Australian team was Steve Smith, he looked at the dressing room to know the result of DRS (Decision Review System). Kohli did not like the behavior of Steve Smith and called him a cheater in front of the Media.
5. In 2017, There was a dispute between Virat Kohli and Anil Kumble, and as a result, Anil Kumble resigned from the post of coach.
Anil Kumble Resignation letter
Zodiac Sign/Star Sign: Scorpio
Known Languages: Hindi, English, Punjabi, Kannada
Favorite Actors: Robert Downey Jr., Johnny Depp, Aamir Khan
Favorite Actress: Penelope Cruz, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif
Favorite Food: Rajma Chawal, Salmon, Sushi, Lamb Chops, etc.
Favorite Colour: Lavender
Favorite Movie: Border, Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikandar, Ishq, 3 Idiots, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Rocky 4, Iron Man, Southpaw, etc.
Favorite Series: Homeland, Narcos, Breaking Bad
Favorite Book: Autobiography of a Yogi
Favorite Destination: New Zealand’s Queenstown, Wildlife Safari South Africa
Favorite Car: Aston Martin
Net Worth: $130 Million (980 Crores in Rupees)
Marital Status: Married
Wife Of Virat Kohli: Anushka Sharma
Children: On January 11, 2021, Virat and his Wife, Anushka blessed with a Baby Girl. They have decided to name her Vamika.
Home Town: New Delhi, India
Currently Living: Mumbai, India
Interesting Facts about Virat Kohli
1. At the age of 3, Virat Kohli was in love with Cricket.
Virat Kohli’s childhood photo.
2. In 2003, his Coach Raj Kumar Sharma had invited Ashish Nehra as a special guest to his academy, where young Kohli was awarded for Highest Run-scorer for Delhi.
Virat Kohli with Ashish Nehra
3. His nickname ‘Chiku’ was given by his coach Ajit Chaudhary in his childhood.
4. In 2006, his father died of a brain stroke, but the next day he played a match-saving knock for Delhi, he scored 90 runs.
5. He has several superstitions, he wears a black band and never forgets to wear his ‘Kada’.
6. He won the ICC Player of the Year Award in the year 2012.
7. In 2012, he was named as one of the ten Best-Dressed International Men.
8. He was given the Arjuna Award (2013) and Padma Shri Award (2017) by The Government of India.
9. In 2017, he was appointed the first Brand Ambassador of The Border Security Force (BSF).
10. He is a huge fan of Tennis player Roger Federer. He also brought the stakes of IPTL Team UAE Royals, which also has Roger Federer.
Virat Kohli and his wife with Roger Federer.
11. On 25 December 2015, The Government of India conferred Virat Kohli with the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
Virat Kohli with The President of India
12. In October 2019, he revealed that he has turned Vegetarian.
Virat Kohli Tweeted about turning Vegetarian
Boyfriend/Affairs of Virat Kohli
Girlfriend- Sanjana Galrani (Rumoured)
Tamannaah Bhatia (Rumoured)
Izabelle Leite (Rumoured)
Mansha Bahl (Rumoured)
Family of Virat Kohli
Father- Prem Kohli
Mother- Saroj Kohli
Brother: Vikash Kohli
Social Media Profiles Of Virat Kohli
Qualification: 12th Class
Hobbies of Virat Kohli
Workout, Traveling, Singing, dancing, etc.
ALSO READ: Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa Biography