About Katrina Kaif
Stunning, gorgeous and glamorous, Katrina Kaif is the living embodiment of beauty in its true sense. Her enthralling looks and majestic grace has established her as the most elegant and one of the highest paid actresses in Bollywood.
Her journey began as a popular fashion model when she featured at the India Fashion Week and ramp walked for the famous fashion designer Rohit Bal followed by her bold photoshoot for Kingfisher Calendar.
Soon, Katrina became a regular face of Bollywood and acted in various films like Sarkar, Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?, Namastey London, New York, and Fitoor.
She was also part of the highest-grossing films like Ek Tha Tiger starring Salman Khan in the lead, Race with Saif Ali Khan and Akshaye Khanna in the main roles, Jab Tak Hai Jaan starring Shah Rukh Khan, and Anushka Sharma in the lead, and Dhoom 3 with Aamir Khan and Abhishek Bachchan. Her performance was widely appreciated in these films and was praised for the strong portrayal of characters and flawless beauty.
Katrina is a wearer of many hats, as she is one of the prominent endorsers of the country and has always been at the forefront of social activism and has financially supported numerous trusts and orphanages.
Her upcoming project is Rohit Shetty’s most awaited film of the year Sooryavanshi alongside Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgn and Ranveer Singh in the leads.
Biography of Katrina Kaif
Name: Katrina Kaif
Nickname: Kat and Bollywood’s Lucky Mascot
Known For: Played the role of Jennifer “Jenny” Pinto in the hit comedy film Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani starring Ranbir Kapoor in the lead, and also played the role of Zoya “Zee” Humaini in the blockbuster film Ek Tha Tiger.
Date of Birth of Katrina Kaif: 16 July 1983
Age of Katrina Kaif: 38 Years (as in 2021)
Height of Katrina Kaif: 168 cm, 1.68 m, 5’ft 9”in
Weight of Katrina Kaif: 55 kg (121 lbs)
Body Measurements of Katrina Kaif: 34-26-34
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Zodiac Sign/Star Sign: Cancer
Known Languages: Hindi and English
Religion: Christianity and Islam
Favourite Cheat Meal Food: Pancake
Favourite Indian Food: Dosa
Favourite Actors: Hrithik Roshan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, and Robert Pattinson
Favourite Actresses: Penelope Cruz, Madhuri Dixit, and Kajol
Favourite Cricketer: Rahul Dravid and Irrfan Pathan
Favourite Colours: White, Mauve, and Pink
Favourite Destination: London
Favourite Sports: Cricket and Chess
Hobbies: Playing Chess, Painting, and Reading
Net Worth of Katrina Kaif: $20 Million (approx.)
Marital Status: Unmarried
Birthplace: Hong Kong
Hometown: London, England, United Kingdom
Currently Living: Mumbai, India
Controversies of Katrina Kaif
1. According to a news source, Ayesha Shroff wife of Jackie Shroff blamed Katrina Kaif for misrepresenting her family history, as she informed the press that it was her production and public relations team which gave her the name ‘Katrina Kaif’ as her passport mentioned quite a difficult name. Instead of showing gratitude, Katrina has fabricated her own story.
In return, Katrina was utterly shocked and disturbed by such comments and said that the comments made against her name by Ayesha Shroff were quite hurtful.
2. When Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif were dating back in 2008-09, a report mentioned a fight between them. The reason was, Katrina in an event, had worn a dress that was showing her skin more than required which made Salman upset with her, and asked her to leave the event immediately.
3. A Bollywood news magazine, published Katrina’s and Ranbir Kapoor’s holiday photographs without their consent in one of their edition, which made Katrina very furious and she wrote a letter to them, stating that their demeaning act of taking such photographs has violated her privacy and caused her mental trauma and distress.
4. Katrina while shooting for her film Namastey London at Ajmer Sharif, triggered a controversy as her attire was not proper and decent according to Dargah’s guidelines. It led to huge trolling of actresses and the filmmakers had to reshoot the entire Dargah sequence of the film.
Interesting Facts about Katrina Kaif
1. Katrina was born in Hong Kong. Her mother is a Christian by religion and lawyer and charity worker by profession, however, her father is a British businessman of the Muslim religion.
2. When she was still a child, she witnessed her parents divorced and had to move to the United States with her mother and seven siblings consisting of three elder sisters, three younger sisters and an elder brother.
3. Katrina moved to India to pursue her modelling career and adopted her father’s surname ‘Kaif’ owing to its easy pronunciation.
4. Despite being recognized as a Bollywood Diva, she works on an employment visa in India as she is a citizen of Britain.
5. She made her Bollywood debut with the movie Boom starring Amitabh Bachchan, Gulshan Grover, and Jackie Shroff in the leads. The movie turned out to be a box-office disaster and Katrina was highly criticized for her Hindi accent.
6. She has also starred in Telugu and Malayalam movies like Malliswari, Allari Pidugu and Balram vs. Tharadas. For her performance in Malliswari, she was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu.
7. After being criticized for her Hindi accent, she genuinely worked hard on her accent and acting skills and bounced back with phenomenal performances in the movies like New York with John Abraham, Neil Nitin Mukesh, and Irrfan Khan in the leads, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan starring Imran Khan and Ali Zafar, and Bang Bang! starring Hrithik Roshan, Danny Denzongpa, and Jimmy Sheirgill in the leads.
8. Katrina has extensively worked as a female lead with Bollywood superstars Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar in numerous movies like Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?, Partner, Welcome, Singh Is Kinng, Yuvvraaj, De Dana Dan, and Ek Tha Tiger.
9. She has also graced various movies with her special appearances like Bodyguard starring Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor, Main Krishna Hoon starring Juhi Chawla and Angrezi Medium starring Irrfan Khan, Radhika Madan, and Pankaj Tripathi.
10. She also made cameo appearances in the movies Welcome to New York, alongside notable Bollywood actors like Preity Zinta, Akshay Kumar, Late Sushant Singh Rajput, and Disha Patani.
11. She is the only Bollywood actress to have the honour of a Barbie doll made after her scintillating personality.
12. She is very religious and superstitious, as before the release of every film she visits Mumbai’s Siddhivinayak Temple, Mount Mary Church, and the Sufi shrine of Ajmer Sharif Dargah.
13. She hates the nickname ‘Kat’ and gets frustrated when someone calls her with this nickname.
Quotes by Katrina Kaif
1. The most painful things and the most happy things in life usually come from love. As a result of love or the lack of it.
2. Today, I am here, tomorrow someone else will be here. Fame and glamour are for a few days, so no one should be over-proud of it.
3. I believe that beauty lies in what makes you feel happy.
4. I am not working to earn a living, but I am living movies. I am finding me enjoying the process.
5. I have always believed that there is life before marriage and after marriage. Before marriage … you are termed a single woman and I choose to conduct that part of my life with absolute dignity and discretion.
Movies of Katrina Kaif
|Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?||2005|
|Singh Is Kinng||2008|
|Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani||2009|
|De Dana Dan||2009|
|Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara||2011|
|Mere Brother Ki Dulhan||2011|
|Ek Tha Tiger||2012|
|Jab Tak Hai Jaan||2012|
|Baar Baar Dekho||2016|
|Tiger Zinda Hai||2017|
|Thugs of Hindostan||2018|
Awards Won by Katrina Kaif
|Stardust Award for Breakthrough Performance – Female||2006|
|IIFA Award for Style Diva of the Year||2008|
|Star Guild Award for ARY Style Diva Award||2008|
|ITA Scroll of Honour (Entertainment) Award||2009|
|Stardust Award for Best Actress in a Comedy or Romance||2011|
|Star Guild Award for Best Entertainer of the Year||2011|
|BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Role – Female||2012|
|Zee Cine Award for International Female Icon||2012|
|Screen Award for Best Actress (Popular Choice)||2013|
|Beauty of the Year Award||2016|
|Screen Award for Best Real Star on Social Media||2018|
|Zee Cine Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role||2019|
Affairs/Boyfriends of Katrina Kaif
1. Salman Khan – The rumours of Katrina Kaif dating the superstar Salman Khan surfaced in 2003, and soon they did a film together named Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya? It was quite confirmed from the sources that both the actors are in a strong relationship bond, however, the dream love story came to an end when both stopped seeing each other and had a break up in 2010.
Katrina after her break spoke that it was her first serious relationship and still considers Salman her closest friend.
2. Ranbir Kapoor – The affair of Katrina Kaif with actor Ranbir Kapoor came into the spotlight when their holiday pictures of Ibiza got leaked by a media house. It was assumed that both the stars started dating after their film Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani.
However, in 2016 a news source confirmed their break up and it was also revealed Katrina and Ranbir were not on talking terms with each other.
3. Vicky Kaushal – In an interview, Harshvardhan Kapoor, confirmed that Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal are together and in a relationship. However, both the stars have not personally confirmed their relationship and it still remains a mystery for their fans and media regarding their dating status.
Family of Katrina Kaif
Father: Mohammed Kaif
Mother: Suzanne Turquotte
Elder Sisters: Stephanie, Christine, and Natasha
Younger Sisters: Melissa, Sonia, and Isabel
Elder Brother: Michael Duran
Social Media Profiles of Katrina Kaif
Education/Qualification of Katrina Kaif
School: Home Tutored
College: Dropout (Left her college in London to pursue an acting career in Bollywood)
Read More: For more gorgeous and scintillating pictures of Katrina Kaif do visit our ultimate photo collection of Katrina Kaif which you may not have ever seen before.