About Katy Perry
All the music aficionado’s out there, you all must have heard the chartbusters like Hot n Cold, Teenage Dream, Roar, and Dark Horse but did you know who sang them, well it’s none other than Katy Perry, the reigning musical queen and pop star of the world.
Since the release, of Perry’s debut album ‘Katy Hudson’, all the music pundits were aware that a star was in the making, as her other hot sellers comprising of One of the Boys, Teenage Dream, and Prism all yielded the same testimonial of Perry’s artistic supremacy consisting of a powerful voice and unique tonal variations.
Besides Perry’s musical maestro, she is a fabulous personality of scintillating looks and babelicious beauty, known as, one of the most desired women and one of the highest-paid music artists of the world.
Biography of Katy Perry
Name: Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson
Famously Known As: Katy Perry
Profession: Singer, Songwriter and Television Judge
Known For: Sang the chart-topping single titled ‘Dark Horse’ and ‘Roar’
Date of Birth of Katy Perry: 25 October 1984
Age of Katy Perry: 37 Years (as of 2021)
Height of Katy Perry: 173 cm, 1.73 m, 5’ft 8”in
Weight of Katy Perry: 61 kg (134 lbs)
Body Measurements of Katy Perry: 36-25-34
Eye Colour: Blue
Hair Colour: Black
Zodiac Sign/Star Sign: Scorpio
Known Language: English
Favourite Foods: Chicken Nuggets, Ice Cream, and Mushrooms
Favourite Brands: Chanel, Elie Saab, and Alexis Mabille
Favourite Actress: Angelina Jolie
Favourite Songs: I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Whitney Houston), and Killer (Queen)
Favourite Movies: Romeo and Juliet (1996), Leon: The Professional (1994), Lolita (1997), and The Notebook (2004)
Favourite Destinations: Hanoi, Vietnam, Tokyo, and Japan
Favourite Sport: Golf
Favourite Books: Me Talk Pretty One Day, and The Help & Are You There God?, and It’s Me, Margaret
Favourite Color: Blue and Pink
Favourite Perfume: Thierry Mugler, Killer Queen and Tom Ford Black Orchid
Favourite Bands: The Beach Boys and Queen
Favourite T.V shows: Flight of the Conchords, Saved by the Bell, and The Real Housewives of New Jersey
Favourite Pet: Cat (Name is “Kitty Purry”)
Favourite Candy: Sour Gummy Worm
Net Worth of Katy Perry: $330 Million (approx.)
Marital Status: Engaged
Home Town: Santa Barbara, California, U.S.
Controversy about Katy Perry
1. According to a news resource, Katty Perry’s hit song ‘I Kissed a Girl’ created a lot of buzz in the media, religious groups and LGBT community, regarding the song’s homosexual theme which disrespected and hurt the sentiments of aforementioned communities and groups.
However, Perry was forced to issue an apology for the whole matter as she was receiving massive online hate and derogatory comments on her social media profiles.
Interesting Facts about Katy Perry
1. Perry changed her name from Kate Hudson to Katy Perry so that she couldn’t be confused with the renowned actress Kate Hudson.
2. Kate belongs to a strict and devout Christian family where she abstained from reading Harry Potter or watching The Smurfs.
3. In her childhood, she had an amazing knack for singing and became a part of a church choir group, and later as a teenager joined gospel music to improve her skills as a singer.
4. Perry is one of the few celebrities who had the privilege to meet the then First Lady Michelle Obama on her 28th birthday at a lunch party.
5. Perry owing to her talent and impeccable vocal skills was awarded the ‘Best Start on the US Digital Chart by a Female Artist’ by Guinness World Book of Records.
6. In 2012, honouring Perry’s successful career the Billboard named her the ‘Woman of the Year’.
7. Katty Perry’s first marriage with Russell Brand occurred in Rajasthan, India where they followed Hindu traditions and customs in their marriage ceremony.
8. Perry, to support budding musicians and artists, launched a mobile application named ‘ Katy Perry Pop’.
9. She also made a notable appearance in the famous singer Taylor Swift’s music video, You Need to Calm Down.
10. Barring her illustrious musical career and stardom, she is a very down to earth personality and a marvellous activist as she is associated with many charitable organizations like ‘UNICEF,’ ‘Keep A Breast Foundation,’ ‘The Humane Society of the United States,’ ‘MusiCares,’ ‘Young Survival Coalition,’ and ‘Children’s Health Fund’, to help people suffering from cancer and HIV/AIDS.
11. Perry, is also known for her voguish looks which have made her the sex symbol of the Hollywood music industry.
12. In 2010, Maxim featured her at number uno, position in the list of Hot 100 Most Beautiful Woman in the World, the other renowned names featured on lists were Blake Lively, Megan Fox, Brooklyn Decker, Amber Heard, Kim Kardashian, Scarlett Johansson, Taylor Swift, and Bar Refaeli.
Movies, Television Shows, Studio Albums and Singles of Katy Perry
|The Smurfs (Voice Role)||2011|
|Katy Perry: Part of Me (Documentary)||2012|
|The Smurfs 2 (Voice Role)||2013|
|Brand: A Second Coming (Documentary)||2015|
|American Idol (Judge)||2018-present|
|One of the Boys||2008|
|I Kissed a Gir||2008|
|Hot n Cold||2008|
|Waking Up in Vegas||2009|
Awards Won by Katy Perry
|Glamour Award – Newcomer of the Year||2009|
|People’s Choice Awards – Favorite Pop Song||2009|
|American Music Awards – Special Achievement Award||2011|
|Billboard Music Awards – Top Hot 100 Artist||2011|
|Juno Awards – International Album Of The Year||2011|
|American Music Awards – Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist||2012|
|Billboard Music Awards – Billboard Spotlight Award||2012|
|People’s Choice Awards – Favorite Song||2014|
|UNICEF – Audrey Hepburn Humanitarian Award||2016|
|Much Music Video Awards – Fan Fave International Artist or Group||2017|
|Human Rights Campaign Gala – National Equality Award||2017|
Affairs/Boyfriends of Katy Perry
1. John Mayer: Katy Perry and John Mayer, began dating after Perry’s divorce from his husband Russell Brand. Belonging, to the same profession both, developed a strong love bond but were unable to sustain it for a longer period.
2. Orlando Bloom: Katty Perry and Orlando Bloom, are currently dating each other and very much enjoy one another company. The couple recently got engaged and announced that they would love to marry in the coming years.
Family of Katy Perry
Father: Maurice Keith Hudson
Mother: Mary Christine
Ex-Husband: Russel Brand (m. 2010; div.2012)
Fiance: Orlando Bloom
Daughter: Daisy Dove Bloom
Social Media Profiles of Katy Perry
Education/Qualification of Katy Perry
School: Paradise Valley Christian School, Arizona, Santa Barbara Christian School and California Dos Pueblos High School
Read More: For more gorgeous and scintillating pictures of Katy Perry do visit our ultimate photo collection of Katy Perry which you may not have ever seen before.