About Angelina Jolie
Angelina Jolie’s fame, glory and works cannot be suffice in just words as her exceptional acting skills have made her one of the finest actresses to ever walk on the face of the earth and is also regarded as one of the highest paid actresses of Hollywood.
She began her acting journey, alongside her father in the comedy movie Lookin’ to Get Out and soon got herself established in the mainstream cinema with her impeccable looks and impressive performances.
Her most prominent films are Hackers, A Mighty Heart, Changeling, The Tourist, and Maleficent, she got numerous nominations for these films and was received the title of the most versatile actress in Hollywood.
Jolie’s top-notch acting was witnessed in Girl, Interrupted also starring Winona Ryder, Clea DuVall, and Brittany Murphy in the leads for which she received the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress and tremendous critical acclaim.
She is well-known for her humanitarian nature and has worked for child immigration and education, human rights and women rights, for which she received the Global Humanitarian Award by the UNA-USA in 2005.
Angelina will be seen in the 26th film of Marvel Cinematic Universe, titled Eternals also featuring Gemma Chan, Richard Madden, Salma Hayek, and Kit Harington.
Biography of Angelina Jolie
Name: Angelina Jolie
Known For: Played the role of ‘Lisa Rowe’ in the critically acclaimed movie Girl, Interrupted, ‘Lara Croft’ in the titiular film Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, and directed the American war film named Unbroken.
Date of Birth of Angelina Jolie: 4 June 1975
Age of Angelina Jolie: 46 Years (as of 2021)
Height of Angelina Jolie: 169 cm, 1.69 m, 5’ft 7”in
Weight of Angelina Jolie: 54 kg (119 lbs)
Body Measurements of Angelina Jolie: 36-25-35
Eye Colour: Grey
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Zodiac Sign/Star Sign: Gemini
Known Languages: English
Favourite Foods: Fast Food, Cheerios, and McDonald’s
Favourite Perfume: Carolina Herrera
Favourite Pet: Bulldog
FavouriteTv Series: Animal Planet, and King Of The Hill
Favourite Colour: Black
Favourite Musicians: The Clash, and Matchbox 20
Favourite Book: Vlad The Impaler – In Search Of The Real Dracula by M.J. Trows
Favourite Drink: Tequila
Hobbies: Collecting First Edition Books, and Dagger
Net Worth of Angelina Jolie: $160 Million (approx.)
Marital Status: Divorced
Birthplace: Los Angeles, California
Currently Living: Mansion Los Feliz, California
Controversies of Angelina Jolie
1. The relationship of Angelina Jolie with her father Jon Voight, has always remained tainted and hostile. Things took a drastic turn when her father in an interview revealed that he already knew Angelina’s marriage with Billy Bob Thornton would be a disaster.
He further went on to say the most appalling thing about his daughter and mentioned that she had serious mental problems and was unfit to raise or adopt a child. Angelina was very disappointed, after hearing such words from her father and said that it would jeopardize the legal procedure of adoption.
2. A news source in 2004 confirmed that Angelina while filming Mr. & Mrs. Smith alongside her dashing superstar Brad Pitt developed an intimate bond. Her strong chemistry and closeness with Brad was the reason which affected his happy married life.
Brad in 2004, was married to popular actress Jennifer Aniston but soon divorced her in the next year owing to her blooming relationship with Angelina Jolie.
In 2006, Angelina and Brad officially confirmed their relationship and soon were expecting their first child as well.
3. After Angelina’s divorced from Brad Pitt, all the media personnel stormed at their house to record their statements which led to their split-up. Though, both the actors were quiet for some time and refused to say anything.
Finally, Angelina broke her silence and revealed that he was abusive throughout their marriage and often resorted to violence to their six children. It made her petrified and to ensure the children’s safety she got separated from him.
Interesting Facts about Angelina Jolie
1. In her childhood she was known as Angelina Jolie Voight and her parents both were renowned actors of Hollywood.
2. Despite her father being an Academy Award Winner, at her mother’s insistence she decided to become a model at the age of 11.
3. She was bullied and body shamed in her High School and her classmates also taunted her for not being rich like them.
4. After her parent’s divorce, she did not have a healthy and cordial relationship with her father which led her to drop her father’s name and she was further known as Angelina Jolie.
5. Jolie’s 1993 film Cyborg 2 was a commercial disaster and everyone doubted her acting skills, but her television portrayal of ‘Cornelia Wallace’ in the two-part miniseries titled George Wallace soon established her at the pedestal of greatness as she bagged the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film.
6. Jolie’s other television film Gia, turned out to be a critically acclaimed film owing to her versatility and sublime performance, she also received her second Golden Globe Awards and was also awarded the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Female Actor – Miniseries or Television Movie.
7. Angelina is also a trained, licensed and passionate pilot and in 2004 she bought a plane Cirrus SR22-G2, to continue her passion.
8. While shooting for her film Lara Croft: Tomb Raider in Cambodia, it brought a drastic change inside her, the experience of war and poverty in the country shifted her focus to humanitarian work and she soon contacted the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, for their intervention and help.
9. She is a phenomenal social activist and has raised numerous issues from child education to cancer awareness for the betterment and welfare of society.
10. Jolie’s split with her husband Jonny Lee Miller took a huge toll on her mental health and she suffered a nervous breakdown and had to spend 3 days at a psychiatric ward.
11. In 2020, Angelina Jolie was placed at 99th position by Forbes in its list of the World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities and she was one of the second actresses from Hollywood to feature on that list, the other being Sofia Vergara. The list also featured other decorated celebrities names like Kylie Jenner, Jennifer Lopez, and Katy Perry.
12. She has always been vocal regarding the noble cause of adoption and with her then-husband, Brad Pitt adopted three children named Maddox, Pax, and Zahara.
13. In an interview, she revealed that she has Bell’s palsy, which has caused one side of her face to droop.
14. Apart from Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Eternals where she will portray the role of ‘Thena’ alongside actors like Don Lee, Harish Patel, Lia McHugh, and Lauren Ridloff. She will once again reprise her titular role of ‘Maleficent’ in the forthcoming film ‘Maleficent 3’.
Quotes by Angelina Jolie
1. What nourishes me also destroys me.
2. I do believe in the old saying, ‘What does not kill you makes you stronger.’ Our experiences, good and bad, make us who we are. By overcoming difficulties, we gain strength and maturity.
3. Without pain, there would be no suffering, without suffering we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows, without it, there is no way of life.
4. If you don’t get out of the box you’ve been raised in, you won’t understand how much bigger the world is.
5. Our diversity is our strength. What a dull and pointless life it would be if everyone was the same.
6. I’ve been reckless, but I’m not a rebel without a cause.
7. There’s something about death that is comforting. The thought that you could die tomorrow frees you to appreciate your life now.
Movies, Television Films, and Music Videos of Angelina Jolie
|Lookin’ to Get Out||1982|
|The Bone Collector||1999|
|Gone in 60 Seconds||2000|
|Lara Croft: Tomb Raider||2001|
|Lara Croft: Tomb Raider – The Cradle of Life||2003|
|Mr. & Mrs. Smith||2005|
|Maleficent: Mistress of Evil||2019|
|Those Who Wish Me Dead||2021|
|Stand by My Woman||1991|
|Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through||1993|
|Anybody Seen My Baby?||1997|
|Did My Time||2003|
Awards Won by Angelina Jolie
|Golden Globe Awards – Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television||1998|
|Screen Actors Guild Awards – Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Motion Picture Made for Television or Miniseries||1999|
|Golden Globe Awards – Best Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture – Television||1999|
|Screen Actors Guild Awards – Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture||2000|
|Golden Globe Awards – Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture||2000|
|Academy Awards – Best Supporting Actress||2000|
|Teen Choice Awards – Choice Movie Actress: Action||2005|
|Academy Awards – Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award||2014|
Affair/Boyfriend of Angelina Jolie
1. Anton Schneider – Angelina Jolie when she was merely 14 years old, fall in love with her friend Anton Schneider. Jolie’s mother Marcheline, was completely happy with her daughter’s decision and even invited Anton to stay with them. But, the teenage love wasn’t strong enough and both had to end their relationship and concentrate on the new adventures of life lies ahead.
Family of Angelina Jolie
Father- Jon Voight
Mother- Marcheline Bertrand
Brother- James Haven
Ex-husbands: Jonny Lee Miller (m.1996, div.1999), Billy Bob Thornton (m.2000, div.2003), and Brad Pitt (m.2014, div.2019)
Children: Maddox Jolie-Pitt, Pax Jolie-Pitt, Zahara Jolie-Pitt, Shiloh Jolie-Pitt, Knox Jolie-Pitt, and Vivienne Jolie-Pitt
Social Media Profiles of Angelina Jolie
Education/Qualification of Angelina Jolie
School: William O. Schaefer School, Tappan, New York and Beverly Hills High School, Beverly Hills, California
College: Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute