About John Abraham
Only a handful of people would be unaware of the villainous role of ‘Kabir’ in the blockbuster movie Dhoom, which was played by the very handsome, dashing and muscular John Abraham.
The commercial success of the movie Dhoom, introduced John into the mainstream Hindi cinema, who along with his dazzling looks and fluid acting style consolidated himself as one of the most versatile actors of Bollywood.
John’s heart-throbs performances in several renowned movies comprising action, crime and thriller are New York alongside Katrina Kaif in the lead, Race 2 starring Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, and Jacqueline Fernandez in the main roles, and Parmanu with Diana Penty, provided visions of loveliness for the audience.
For his numerous other performances in movies like Shootout at Wadala alongside Anil Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut in the leads, Force with Vidyut Jammwal, and critically acclaimed movie Madras Cafe alongside Nargis Fakhri and Raashi Khanna, for which he received several nominations for various prestigious cinematic awards.
Besides Abraham’s stellar acting career, he also owns a well-known production company named J.A. Entertainment, which has produced commercially successful movies like Vicky Donor, Rocky Handsome, and Force 2.
Biography of John Abraham
Name: Farhan Irani
Popularly Known As: John Abraham
Nickname: John, Johny
Profession: Model, Actor, and Producer
Known For: Played the role of ‘Kabir’ in the super-duper hit movie Dhoom and the role of ‘Veerendra “Veer” Rathod’ in the action-thriller movie Satyameva Jayate
Date of Birth of Divya Khosla: 17 December 1972
Age of John Abraham: 48 Years (as of 2021)
Height of John Abraham: 183 cm, 1.83 m, 6’ft 0”in
Weight of John Abraham: 53 kg (117 lbs)
Body Measurements of John Abraham: 33-25-34
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Zodiac Sign/Star Sign: Sagittarius
Known Languages: English, Gujarati and Hindi
Religion: Christianity and Zoroastrian Irani
Favourite Foods: Dhansak, Patra-ni-Macchi, Prawn Patia, Thai Food, Puttu with Coconut Milk
Favourite Beverages: Tea, Carrot Juice and Sour Cherry Wine
Favourite Actress: Rani Mukerji and Hema Malini
Favourite Colours: White and Blue
Favourite Sport: Football
Hobbies: Riding Bikes and Gymming
Net Worth of John Abraham: $34 Million (approx.)
Marital Status: Married
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Currently Living: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Controversies about John Abraham
1. John was called as a special guest on the reality Tv show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar, after Sugandha Mishra’s, performance, he got so impressed, he kissed her on stage, which angered Sugandha’s family and forced John to publicly apologize to her on the social media.
2. John Abraham on the trailer launch of his movie ‘Force 2’ starring Sonakshi Sinha and Tahir Raj Bhasin in the main roles. One of his fans was found misbehaving with him in the hope to take a selfie, the fan’s act angered John to such an extent that he slapped him to maintain his distance.
However, the news was spread like wildfire in the media and everyone criticized John for his violent act and commented that the status of a celebrity didn’t give him the right to attack people.
3. John Abraham’s production house J A Entertainment came into the news when it terminated the contract of KriArj Entertainment owned by Prernaa Arora for his co-produced movie ‘Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran’, as the Prernaa’s company was unable to pay the dues which they had promised at the inception of the contract. However, KriArj responded with the criminal complaints against J A Entertainment and the latter counter-responded with three FIRs.
Finally, the matter was resolved by the court where it allowed KriArj to be the co-producer of the film and demanded them to pay additional Rs. 10 crores for the movie’s printing and advertising.
Interesting Facts about John Abraham
1. John has an interesting family background and comes from mixed religious identities, as his father is a Syrian Christian and his mother is a Zoroastrian Irani.
2. Since his childhood he was very much into sports and enjoyed participating in athletic races.
3. John’s modelling career began with Jazzy B’s music video, and he went on to participate in Gladrags Manhunt Contest and the Philippines for Manhunt International.
4. After a successful run as a model, John joined the Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute, to improve and master his acting skills, so that he can establish himself as a mainstream Bollywood actor.
5. John has also produced the Marathi movie Savita Damodar Paranjpe, which was very well-received by the critics and its cast consisting of Subodh Bhave, Trupti Toradmal, and Raqesh Bapat received huge appreciation from the fans for their performances.
6. In the action thriller movie Rocky Handsome, apart from being the lead actor, he also sang Alfazon Ki Tarah’s unplugged version alongside Shreya Ghoshal and Ankit Tiwari.
7. His skill-set is not only limited to acting and modelling, as he is great tech-savvy and has conceptualized a mobile-based game known as ‘Velocity’.
8. His muscular and chiselled body has made him the perfect fit for action movies, but time and time again John with his witty humour and flawless comic timings in movies like Garam Masala, Dostana, Desi Boyz, Housefull 2, and Pagalpanti, proved his worth as a dynamic actor of the industry.
9. John is also famous for his social activism, especially for animal protection as he supports organizations like PETA and Habitat for Humanity.
10. John in 2021, announced the release of his movie Satyameva Jayate 2, which is the spiritual sequel of Satyameva Jayate, the movie will mark the debut of Divya Khosla Kumar as the female lead in the movie.
11. He will also be seen alongside Disha Patani, Arjun Kapoor, and Tara Sutaria in Mohit Suri’s Ek Villain Returns and Lakshya Raj Anand’s action-thriller Attack alongside Jacqueline Fernandez and Rakul Preet Singh in the main roles.
Movies of John Abraham
|Lakeer – Forbidden Lines||2004|
|Taxi No. 9211||2006|
|Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love||2007|
|Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal||2007|
|Shootout at Wadala||2013|
|Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran||2018|
|Satyameva Jayate 2||2021|
|Ek Villain Returns (Upcoming)||2022|
|As a Producer|
|Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran||2018|
|Savita Damodar Paranjpe (Marathi)||2018|
|Sardar Ka Grandson||2021|
Awards Won by John Abraham
|Bollywood Movie Awards – Bollywood Movie Award – Best Male Debut||2004|
|IIFA Awards – IIFA Award for Star Debut of the Year – Male||2004|
|IIFA Awards – IIFA Best Villain Award||2005|
|Zee Cine Awards – Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role||2005|
|Stardust Awards – Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow – Male||2005|
|Rajiv Gandhi Award for his achievement in Bollywood||2006|
|Star Screen Awards – Star Screen Award Jodi No. 1||2008|
|Most Stylish Man – GQ Awards (India)||2012|
|National Film Award – National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment||2013|
|Asiavision Awards – Icon of the Year||2013|
|NDTV-Creative Entrepreneur of the Year||2013|
Affair/Girlfriend of John Abraham
1. Bipasha Basu – John Abraham and Bipasha Basu, since the beginning of their relationship in 2002 on the sets of Jism, have been considered the power couple of Bollywood. Known for their unparalleled chemistry and unmeasurable love for one another made them one of the hottest couples in the town.
Destined to be with one another, however, the couple owing to personal reasons split up in 2011. Furthermore, John went on to marry Priya Runchal in 2014 and Bipasha married Karan Singh Grover in 2016.
Family of John Abraham
Father: Abraham John
Mother: Firoza Irani
Younger Brother: Alan Abraham
Cousin Sister: Susy Mathew
Wife: Priya Runchal (m. 2014)
Social Media Profiles of John Abraham
Education/Qualification of John Abraham
School: Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
College: Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai
Educational Qualification: MBA from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Bombay
Check Out: John Abraham’s Ek Villain Returns fellow star Tara Sutaria’s Sizzling and Exciting Photo Collection, which have been accumulated after countless hours of scrupulous surfing to provide a mesmeric experience for your eyes.