About Rashami Desai
Sometimes it’s not adequate enough to rely on words to express an eminent personality’s prowess, one such personality is Rashami Desai, who with her breathtaking performances and peculiar portrayal of characters has formed a unique style that makes her one of the most Talented and Decorated Tv actresses of India.
Rashami’s journey of opulence began with her remarkable performances as ‘Mandodari’ in the mythological drama Tv series Raavan, ‘Tapasya Thakur’ in the Tv drama Uttaran, and ‘Shorvori Parth Bhanushali’ in the romantic Tv serial Dil Se Dil Tak alongside Sidharth Shukla and Jasmin Bhasin in the important roles.
Desai’s illustrious career is not only limited to her iconic performances in television, she has also worked as a supporting actress in numerous movies like Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke starring Shah Rukh Khan and Raveena Tandon in the lead roles, Shabnam Mausi featuring Ashutosh Rana and Vijay Raaz in the leads, and a Gujarati language movie titled Superstar.
Rashami also participated as a challenger alongside Devoleena Bhattacharjee in the house of Bigg Boss 15. The house already consists of well-known celebrities of Indian television like Jay Bhanushali, Vishal Kotian, Karan Kundra, and Shamita Shetty.
Biography of Rashami Desai
Name: Shivani Desai
Popularly Known As: Rashami Desai
Profession: Actor, Model, Dancer, and Host
Known For: Played the role of ‘Tapasya Thakur’ in one of the longest running Indian soap opera Uttaran. She was the third-runner up of the controversial reality Tv show Bigg Boss 13
Date of Birth of Rashami Desai: 13 February 1986
Age of Rashami Desai: 35 Years (as of 2021)
Height of Rashami Desai: 160 cm, 1.60 m, 5’ft 3” in
Weight of Rashami Desai: 58 kg (127 lbs)
Body Measurements of Rashami Desai: 34-29-34
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Zodiac Sign/Star Sign: Aquarius
Known Language: English, Gujarati, Bhojpuri and Hindi
Favourite Food: Pizza
Favourite Beverage: Coffee
Favourite Actors: Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, and Hrithik Roshan
Favourite Actresses: Madhuri Dixit and Alia Bhatt
Favourite Colour: White
Favourite Movies: Mother India, Andaz Apna Apna, and Hum Saath Saath Hain
Hobbies: Dancing, Travelling, Driving, Swimming, and Watching News Channel
Net Worth of Rashami Desai: $1 Million (approx.)
Marital Status: Divorced
Home Town: Nagaon, Assam, India
Currently Living: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Controversies of Rashami Desai
1. Rashami Desai, while a contestant on Bigg Boss 13, developed a romantic bond with fellow contestant Arhaan Khan, and everyone on the outside assumed that the couple would soon announce the news of their engagement.
But, there was a shocking revelation by the host of the show Salman Khan, who mentioned that Arhaan was married and has a child from his previous marriage, which led to an emotional breakdown for Rashami and she instantly ended all her emotional ties with Arhaan.
2. After the end of Bigg Boss 13, which was won by Siddharth Shukla. The fans of Rashami Desai asked her to post a throwback picture of her with Siddharth Shukla. When she posted a picture, everyone started a huge wave of trolls against Rashami stating she is doing all this to increase her followers and amass attention on social media platforms.
Thus, Rashami after getting fed up with the trolls gave the perfect reply and said that the picture was on the request of her fans and doesn’t need to stoop so low, to garner attention.
3. Rashami Desai and Siddharth Shukla’s news of scuffle, rifts, and animosity is neither new nor hidden from their fans. It all began on the sets of Dil Se Dil Tak, where the on-screen chemistry of the couple was fabulous but their relationship in real life was extremely hostile.
As, Siddharth wanted Rashami’s role to be sacked and even, purposely gave her character’s line to fellow co-star Jasmin Bhasin. However, the makers of the show still considered Desai as their top priority, leading to the packing-up of Siddharth Shukla from the show.
4. Rashami Desai in an interview revealed that her reason for giving divorce to her then-husband Nandish Sandhu was their unkind and vicious relationship, as Nandish was pernicious towards her and disrespected her.
However, Nandish’s PR team in reply to Rashami’s allegations mentioned that Nandish was the victim in the whole scenario rather than the culprit.
Interesting Facts about Rashami Desai
1. Desai before establishing herself as the leading Tv actress, has prolifically worked in the Bhojpuri movies like Tulsi, Balma Bada Nadaan, and Kab Hoi Gauna Hammar which received the National Award for Best Feature Film in Bhojpuri.
2. Her real name is Shivani Desai. She was asked by the makers of the Indian Tv show Pari Hoon Main to change her name, she accepted their request and chose ‘Rashami’ as her on-screen name for numerological reasons.
3. Rashami is also a fun-loving and entertaining personality known for her participation in several reality Tv shows like Comedy Circus 3 Ka Tadka, Mazaak Mazaak Mein, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 6, and Box Cricket League 2.
4. She is a trained classical dancer, which is quite evident as she has participated as a contestant in various popular dance reality Tv shows like Zara Nachke Dikha, where she was the winner, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5, she was the first runner-up, and Nach Baliye 7, again she was the first runner-up in the show.
5. Barring her acting roles, she is a phenomenal model of unparalleled beauty and has ramp walked in some of the eminent fashion shows like Caring with Style and Terry Fox Foundation, and most importantly the funds raised through these fashion shows were all donated for social causes.
6. Rashami’s enormous stardom has led her to appear as a guest on various famous reality Tv shows like Dance India Dance 3, Movers & Shakers, Entertainment Ki Raat, and MTV Ace of Space 1.
7. Desai has a remarkable reach and massive fan following, as BizAsia in 2020, placed her at 22nd position in the List of Top 30 TV Personalities.
8. Rashami in 2019, revealed her pressing health issues, as she was suffering from a harmful skin disease known as ‘Psoriasis’, due to the disease her weight had also increased.
9. Desai’s plethora of work and brand value has marked her as one of the highest-paid television actresses of India.
10. It would be a second time when Rashami Desai would be entering the house of Bigg Boss 15 as a contestant, earlier she was seen in the 13th season of Bigg Boss, where she was the 3rd runner-up. The contestants who are already surviving in the house for almost 8 weeks include Tejasswi Prakash, Neha Bhasin, Umar Riaz, Pratik Sehajpal, and Nishant Bhat.
Movies, Television Shows, Web Series and Music Videos of Rashami Desai
|Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke||2004|
|Gazab Bhail Rama (Bhojpuri)||2005|
|Kab Hoi Gauna Hammar (Bhojpuri)||2005|
|Gabbar Singh (Bhojpuri)||2006|
|Sathi Sanghati (Bhojpuri)||2006|
|Sambar Salsa (English)||2007|
|Bandan Toote Na (Bhojpuri)||2008|
|Pyar Jab Kehu Se Hoi Jala (Bhojpuri)||2008|
|Dabangg 2 (Cameo Appearance)||2012|
|Tamas (Short Film)||2020|
|Pari Hoon Main||2008|
|Meet Mila De Rabba||2009|
|Comedy Circus Ke SuperStars (Host)||2010|
|Ishq Ka Rang Safed||2015|
|Adhuri Kahaani Hamari||2016|
|Dil Se Dil Tak||2017-2018|
|Naagin 4: Bhagya Ka Zehreela Khel||2020|
|Teri Ek Hassi by Jubin Nautiyal||2015|
|Sajna Ve by Monali Thakur and Dilip Soni||2016|
|Ab Kya Jaan Legi Meri by Palash Muchhal and Amit Mishra||2020|
|Kinna Sona by Rahul Vaidya||2021|
|SubhanAllah by Altamash Faridi||2021|
Awards Won by Rashami Desai
|Indian Television Academy Awards – GR8! Ensemble Cast||2009|
|Indian Television Academy Awards – Best Actress (Popular)||2010|
|Indian Telly Awards – Most Popular Actor in a Negative Role (Female)||2010|
|Gold Awards – Best Actor in a Negative Role (Female)||2010|
|FICCI Frames Excellence Awards – Best TV Actor (Female)||2011|
|Apsara Awards – Best Ensemble Cast||2011|
|Gold Awards – Best Actress (Critics)||2011|
Affairs/Boyfriends of Rashami Desai
1. Nandish Sandhu – Rashami Desai and Nandish Sandhu relationship began on the sets of Uttaran, and soon tied the knot in 2012. However, their married life couldn’t sustain for a longer period and finally, they got separated in 2015.
2. Sidharth Shukla – Rashami Desai and Sidharth Shukla came close on the sets of Dil Se Dil Tak and everyone created the rumour that the on-screen couple is also dating in their real life. Though, they seemed intimate but never confirmed the status of their relationship.
Soon, news regarding their rift was out in the media, and the couple went on their separate ways from thereon.
3. Arhaan Khan – Rashami Desai and Arhaan Khan were seen together in the controversial reality Tv show Bigg Boss 13, where they developed a genuinely romantic relationship. However, their relationship took a drastic turn when Salman Khan revealed the truth about Arhaan past marriage and his children which shocked Rashami and eventually led to their break-up.
4. Laksh Lalwani – Rashami Desai and Laksh Lalwani were also rumoured to be dating each other since their stint in Adhuri Kahani Hamari. They never revealed the truth about their private life, but their social media account was flooded with each other’s adoring photos which portrayed a completely different story regarding their loved life.
Family of Rashami Desai
Father: Ajay Desai
Mother: Rasila Desai
Brother: Gaurav Desai
Ex-Husband: Nandish Sandhu (m. 2012; div. 2015)
Daughter: Manya Sandhu
Social Media Profiles of Rashami Desai
Education/Qualification of Rashami Desai
School: JB Khot Primary School, Borivali East, Mumbai
College: Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
Educational Qualification: Diploma in Tours and Travels
Also Read: Rashami Desai’s Dil Se Dil Tak co-star and apparent boyfriend Sidharth Shukla’s astonishing facts and shocking controversies, all compiled in the Sidharth Shukla Biography. We promise you, the information mentioned will certainly, take you on an enthralling journey of surprises and amusements.
Read More: For more gorgeous and scintillating pictures of Rashami Desai do visit our ultimate photo collection of Rashami Desai which you may not have ever seen before.