About Selena Gomez
The pretty, alluring and fascinating Selena Gomez is known for her breathtaking beauty and starlet-like looks. Her performance as ‘Gianna’ in the children Tv series Barney & Friends marked her maiden interaction with the acting.
Gomez’s childlike innocence and sparkling attitude as ‘ Alex Russo’ in the teen sitcom Wizards of Waverly Place, showed her unparalleled talent and bright future in the showbiz industry.
Gomez is also popular for her exceptionally melodious voice with a soft baritone and has released several amazing albums like Stars Dance, Revival, and Rare, for which she got nominated for several prestigious awards.
She is further recognized for her incredible performances in the movies like Another Cinderella Story, Princess Protection Program, and A Rainy Day in New York.
Barring her acting and singing career, Gomez is also associated with several social causes and serves as a UNICEF ambassador.
Biography of Selena Gomez
Name: Selena Gomez
Profession: Actress, Singer and Producer
Date of Birth of Selena Gomez: 22 July 1992
Age of Selena Gomez: 29 Years (as of 2021)
Height of Selena Gomez: 155 cm, 1.55 m, 5’ft 5”in
Weight of Selena Gomez: 50 kg (110 lbs)
Body Measurements of Selena Gomez: 34-26-34
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Zodiac Sign/Star Sign: Cancer
Known Language: Spanish and English
Favourite Foods: Pizza, Strawberries with Whipped Cream, Lemon Chicken, Vodka Penne, Fried Cheese, and Calamari
Favourite Actors: Johnny Depp, Shia LaBeouf, Nick Jonas, and Taylor Lautner
Favourite Actress: Rachel McAdams
Favourite Color: Green
Favourite Singers: Cheryl, Kelly Clarkson, Bruno Mars, Britney Spears, Rihanna, Skrillex, and Paramore (band)
Favourite Books: On Becoming Fearless by Ariana Huffington, and The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
Favourite Hotel: The Sunset Tower Hotel in West Hollywood
Favourite TV Show: Black Mirror
Net Worth of Selena Gomez: $50 Million (approx.)
Marital Status: Unmarried
Home Town: Grand Prairie, Texas, USA
Currently Living: Grand Prairie, Texas, USA
Controversy about Selena Gomez
1. Selena Gomez in her social media account posted her 5 pictures in red dresses, which was criticized by the leading fashion designer, who commented that her dress looked absurd and she looked like a Pomeranian Dog in it.
However, her fans got instantly agitated on the comments and started trolling the designers to issue a formal apology to Selena.
2. Selena faced a lot of backlash on her social media accounts when she tried to belittle the whole issue of Black Lives Matter. Selena while defending her fellow artist Taylor Swift commented that her one tweet couldn’t save anyone’s lives, so the best is to focus on one’s own work.
Interesting Facts about Selena Gomez
1. Selena gets her name from the famous singer Selena Quintanilla, as her parents were very much influenced by her Mexican-Spanish songs.
2. Owing to her family’s financial problems, Selena decided to work at a young age, which led her to bagged a recurring role at Barney & Friends.
3. Gomez suffers from an auto-immune disease called ‘Lupus’, which has led to rashes on her skin.
4. She is quite choosy when it comes to food, but often considers the bizarre combination of lemons and olive oil when she gets famished.
5. Gomez enthralling looks and hypnotic beauty has made her as pretty as a picture, which led her to feature in the list of 2013 Maxim Hot 100 and placed her at the second position, other gorgeous and scintillating divas on the lists were Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Kate Upton, Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Lawrence, Megan Fox, Rihanna, Emma Stone, Taylor Swift, and Emma Watson.
6. Gomez doesn’t believe much in fashion jewellery but for a lucky charm wears a purity ring with the word engraved ‘true love waits.
7. She is an introvert and loves to chill at home with friends and family.
8. Gomez at the initial phase in her life suffered from depression and anxiety, to help others suffering from the same issue she has become a spokesperson and advocate on the topic of mental health.
9. Selena is also known for her superb voice over skills as she has lent her voice in various animated movies like Horton Hears a Who!, Arthur 3: The War of the Two Worlds, and Hotel Transylvania.
Movies, Television Shows, Song Albums, and Singles of Selena Gomez
|Another Cinderella Story||2008|
|Horton Hears a Who! (Voice)||2008|
|Ramona and Beezus||2010|
|Hotel Transylvania (Voice)||2012|
|Hotel Transylvania 2||2015|
|The Fundamentals of Caring||2016|
|Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (Voice)||2018|
|Barney & Friends||2002-2004|
|The Suite Life of Zack & Cody||2006|
|Wizards of Waverly Place||2007-2012|
|Only Murders in the Building||2021 – Present|
|Tell Me Something I Don’t Know||2008|
|Come & Get It||2013|
|The Heart Wants What It Wants||2014|
|Good for You||2015|
|Same Old Love||2015|
|Hands to Myself||2016|
Awards Won by Selena Gomez
|Young Artist Awards – Best Performance in a TV Movie, Miniseries, or Special – Leading Young Actress||2009|
|ALMA Awards – Year in TV Comedy – Actress||2009|
|Glamour Women of the Year Awards – Independent Spirit Award||2012|
|Billboard Women in Music – Chart-Topper||2015|
|American Music Awards – Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist||2016|
|Teen Choice Awards – Choice Instagrammer||2016|
|ASCAP Pop Music Awards – Winning Songs||2018|
|Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards – Favorite Female Voice from an Animated Movie||2019|
|Hispanic Heritage Awards – Arts Award||2020|
|MTV Millennial Awards – Music-Ship of the Year||2021|
|MTV Movie & TV Awards – Best New Unscripted Series||2021|
Affairs/Boyfriends of Selena Gomez
1. Nick Jonas – Selena Gomez and Nick Jonas, the now husband of actress Priyanka Chopra, dated each other for two years from 2008 to 2010. But, had to split up owing to their busy schedules and different life goals.
2. Justin Bieber – Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber, seemed like a match made in heaven as the couple started dating each other in 2010 and several times were in an on and off relationship, but were unable to confess and portray true feelings for one another.
Family of Selena Gomez
Father: Ricardo Joel Gomez
Mother: Mandy Teefey
Sisters: Gracie Elliot Teefey and Victoria Gomez
Brother: Marcus Gomez
Social Media Profiles of Selena Gomez
Education/Qualification of Selena Gomez
School: Home Schooling, Texas, United States
Read More: For more gorgeous and scintillating pictures of Selena Gomez do visit our ultimate photo collection of Selena Gomez which you may not have ever seen before.